For information in regards to Job Opportunity posting, please visit Advertisers in the ACCE Mall section.
Senior Clinical Engineer
CCE Certification required
Our client, DHA (Defense Health Agency) requires Clinical Engineering personnel to support the day-to-day activities of the Medical Logistics Division (MEDLOG), Healthcare Technology Management Branch (HTMB). The Clinical Engineering tasks include providing diverse professional biomedical engineering services regarding medical equipment specification review, analysis, and providing consultation and advisory services to DoD Medical Treatment Facilities (MTF) worldwide, and serving as point of contact between industry on related medical equipment and biomedical engineering matters. The successful candidate will be required to assist in management of installation, modernization, and prioritization of equipment related procurements. Clinical Engineering may also include site visits to Medical Treatment Facilities, field units throughout the MHS to analyze and make recommendations as to the condition of, replacement of, or upgradability of existing equipment within the facilities.
- Provide diverse professional biomedical engineering services, reviewing and developing draft technical specifications for medical equipment, providing draft technical evaluations of contractor proposals to ensure compliance with specifications, providing consultation and advisory services
- Act as an expert consultant to the DHA MEDLOG and to any and all Joint Committees that review and propose equipment procurement policy as it applies to joint ventures between the Department of Defense (DoD) and other government agencies
- Follow established standard procedures for submitting/planning for equipment submission throughout the MTFs. Review and analyze the clinical requirements of MTFs and the fleet by conducting site visits and assisting in the development of integration strategies for new information technology, image management, imaging, and other hospital-based systems
- Conduct MTF site visits as part of a Joint Requirements Assessment (JRA) team to analyze and make recommendations as to the condition of, replacement, or upgradability of existing equipment and meet with Equipment Managers; prepare and submit a facility visit final report
- Review, analyze, and provide recommendation for equipment packages from MTF based on their requirements and provide draft technical packages with recommendations to agency personnel
- Assist in integrated and coordinated new and emerging medical equipment technologies into the Medical Health System (MHS)
- Serve as the POC for biomedical engineering consultant for DHA MEDLOG HTMB with an emphasis on the implementation and standardization of solutions that enhance integrated logistics support
- Develop draft specifications for medical equipment and provide draft technical evaluations of contractor proposals to ensure compliance to contract specifications
- Summarize analysis results, evaluate recommendations, and prepare recommended specifications, action items, and briefings
- Assist in the preparation and presentation of recommendations and solutions based on analysis/evaluation, including reports, proposals, charts, and graphs
- Attend meetings, boards, conferences, and other events as required
- Assist in maintaining necessary interface with other government agencies, industry, laboratories, and contractors to remain cognizant of existing medical technologies and technological breakthroughs, government acquisition methodologies, and system integration demands and requirements
- Assist Government officials in upholding relationships with hospitals, clinics, and operational units throughout the MHS to review equipment needs as well as keep them abreast of technology changes that are occurring within the industry
- Must be CCE Certified
- Must be a U.S. citizen and be able to pass a background check in order to be granted access to work on the Government computer network
- Working knowledge of common technical terms and specifications relative to medical products, supplies, and services and the ability to effectively communicate these with vendors and/or customers
- Knowledge of clinical engineering concepts, principles, and practices applicable to medical facilities and instrumentation
- Familiarity with medical equipment and/or products and their usage
- Ability to evaluate and then modify standard practices and adapt techniques to solve problems. Knowledge of standard observation, measuring, and analysis techniques and test equipment
- Ability to summarize finding of others and support preparing specifications, recommendations, presentations, and briefings
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with and gaining the confidence/cooperation of managers to accept proposals
- Experience with preparing technical reports, proposals, charts, and graphs
- Skill in using office automation systems and computer applications including the ability to develop and implement new systems
- Required Travel
- A graduate level degree in Bio-Medical or Clinical Engineering or similar field
- At minimum of 2 years of Clinical Engineering experience specific for a healthcare treatment facility or system
Salary commensurate with experience; full benefits package.
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
To apply, visit our website at www.cherokee-cnts and apply to Job Order #8607.
Cherokee Nation Assurance provides technical support services and project support personnel to our Government and industry partners. Our highly skilled experts support and supplement the mission, expertise, and skill sets of our clients. Utilizing our customer-intimate approach, we partner with our clients to provide strategic solutions that maximize the use of human and financial resources to ensure that mission-critical projects are completed on time and within budget.
Cherokee Nation Assurance is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
EOE of protected veterans
Are you the top Biomed in your hospital?
Do you like helping people work through technical problems over the phone?
Are you continually receiving compliments on your excellent customer service and troubleshooting skills?
If so, KEEP READING because this may be the job for you!
Nihon Kohden America is looking for a Senior Technical Support Specialist for our Patient Monitoring Division to provide superior customer service answering
application and technical questions, providing installation support, troubleshooting system problems, and providing technical training. We're looking for someone who will
courteously and promptly resolve customer questions and problems, and be able to resolve the highest level technical calls. In this role, you may also give input to the Research and Development team to assist with continuing product development and conduct random product sampling to ensure quality.
Essential Functions and Basic Duties
- Respond to customer inquiries, primarily by telephone
- Provides customer training as necessary
- Resolve customer technical issues through diligent research, reproduction, and troubleshooting
- Work effectively and independently in a team environment
- Balance multiple shifting priorities
- Work collaboratively with other technical support staff, quality assurance, engineering, sales, marketing and operations
- Document all technical inquiries, develop and review content for knowledge-base
- Support scheduled 24x7x365 call rotation
- Ability to travel approximately 10 to 15%
- BMT (Biomedical Tech) or clinical engineering degree/background/experience
- Extremely technically proficient hospital Biomed with 5-10 years' experience
- Electronics/technology experience troubleshooting hardware, software, operating systems, performance issues and overall systems knowledge
- Knowledge of and experience with hospital networking
- Experience troubleshooting patient monitors
- Ability to resolve highest level technical calls
- Proficient in the use of equipment diagrams and blueprints
- High touch customer/client relations/communications skills
- Strong communication skills in English, both spoken and written
Highly Preferred Skills:
- Experience in a Technical Support position supporting a product over the phone
- Experience in a large medical or military medical facility
- Experience troubleshooting LAN/WAN
- Experience with RF systems UHF & L band
- WMTS (Wireless Medical Telemetry Systems) experience a plus
- Proficiency using RF specific diagnostic tools including spectrum analyzers, antenna sweeps, RF power meters, service monitors, protocol analyzers and network sniffers
Nihon Kohden is a fast growing medical device company offering competitive compensation, robust benefits packages and a strong emphasis on work/life balance. We have achieved double-digit growth over the past decade by fostering a highly collaborative work environment and providing ample opportunity for career growth. At Nihon Kohden America, our employees are our most valued resource, and we are always looking to add the best and brightest to our team.
Nihon Kohden America is a market-leading manufacturer of instrumentation for Patient Monitoring, Sleep Assessment, Neurology and Cardiology. Our U.S. headquarters operate as a subsidiary of Nihon Kohden Corporation Japan, a publicly traded company on the Tokyo Stock Exchange. We are committed to developing engaging partnerships with our customers to improve clinical efficiency, outcomes and financial performance.
NKA offers a generous benefits package to our full time employees including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability, flexible spending accounts, health saving account and a 401(k) retirement plan with employer match.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Nihon Kohden America provides equal opportunity for employment and promotion to all qualified employees and applicants. No person shall be discriminated against in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal or state statutes. The Company is committed to maintaining an environment in which all employees are treated equitably and given the opportunity to achieve their full potential in the workplace.
Click here to apply