Are you the top Biomed in your hospital?
Do you like helping people work through technical problems over the phone?
Are you continually receiving compliments on your excellent customer service and troubleshooting skills?
If so, KEEP READING because this may be the job for you!
Nihon Kohden America is looking for a Senior Technical Support Specialist for our Patient Monitoring Division to provide superior customer service answering
application and technical questions, providing installation support, troubleshooting system problems, and providing technical training. We're looking for someone who will
courteously and promptly resolve customer questions and problems, and be able to resolve the highest level technical calls. In this role, you may also give input to the Research and Development team to assist with continuing product development and conduct random product sampling to ensure quality.
Essential Functions and Basic Duties
- Respond to customer inquiries, primarily by telephone
- Provides customer training as necessary
- Resolve customer technical issues through diligent research, reproduction, and troubleshooting
- Work effectively and independently in a team environment
- Balance multiple shifting priorities
- Work collaboratively with other technical support staff, quality assurance, engineering, sales, marketing and operations
- Document all technical inquiries, develop and review content for knowledge-base
- Support scheduled 24x7x365 call rotation
- Ability to travel approximately 10 to 15%
- BMT (Biomedical Tech) or clinical engineering degree/background/experience
- Extremely technically proficient hospital Biomed with 5-10 years' experience
- Electronics/technology experience troubleshooting hardware, software, operating systems, performance issues and overall systems knowledge
- Knowledge of and experience with hospital networking
- Experience troubleshooting patient monitors
- Ability to resolve highest level technical calls
- Proficient in the use of equipment diagrams and blueprints
- High touch customer/client relations/communications skills
- Strong communication skills in English, both spoken and written
Highly Preferred Skills:
- Experience in a Technical Support position supporting a product over the phone
- Experience in a large medical or military medical facility
- Experience troubleshooting LAN/WAN
- Experience with RF systems UHF & L band
- WMTS (Wireless Medical Telemetry Systems) experience a plus
- Proficiency using RF specific diagnostic tools including spectrum analyzers, antenna sweeps, RF power meters, service monitors, protocol analyzers and network sniffers
Nihon Kohden is a fast growing medical device company offering competitive compensation, robust benefits packages and a strong emphasis on work/life balance. We have achieved double-digit growth over the past decade by fostering a highly collaborative work environment and providing ample opportunity for career growth. At Nihon Kohden America, our employees are our most valued resource, and we are always looking to add the best and brightest to our team.
Nihon Kohden America is a market-leading manufacturer of instrumentation for Patient Monitoring, Sleep Assessment, Neurology and Cardiology. Our U.S. headquarters operate as a subsidiary of Nihon Kohden Corporation Japan, a publicly traded company on the Tokyo Stock Exchange. We are committed to developing engaging partnerships with our customers to improve clinical efficiency, outcomes and financial performance.
NKA offers a generous benefits package to our full time employees including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability, flexible spending accounts, health saving account and a 401(k) retirement plan with employer match.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Nihon Kohden America provides equal opportunity for employment and promotion to all qualified employees and applicants. No person shall be discriminated against in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal or state statutes. The Company is committed to maintaining an environment in which all employees are treated equitably and given the opportunity to achieve their full potential in the workplace.
Click here to apply